September 26, 2009

Wee Wisdom #5

Can you say ATTITUDE?
Left to right:
Baby Bandit, Sparkplug, Miss America, the Pistol, and Destructo.

Like Miss America, my Florida nephew, the Sparkplug, just started Kindergarten. That leaves his little brothers Baby Bandit and the Pistol at home without him during the day for the first time ever in their miniscule history. This new reality came as a shock to the 4-year-old Pistol, middle child and suddenly top dog over his very mischievous 3-year-old brother. Only a few hours into his reign, the Pistol was beside himself. He whined plaintively: "I'm stressing out! I miss Sparkplug, and I just can't deal with Bandit by myself."


This is Miss America the morning of her first day at Kindergarten. I blinked back tears as I snapped this shot. Her mother could cry just thinking about it, so it was up to Miss America's father to ferry her to class.

Miss America's Poignant Pearl of the Week:

On looking into the mirror at herself while trying on some new jeans for school:

"I have a glorious butt."

My, my. Where does she get it?

24 comments:

Everyday Goddess said...

I should start saying that to myself. Because I don't think I have ever called my rear end glorious. Look at me, taking advice from a Kindergartner!

♥ Braja said...

I'd wager she overheard that line comin' outta SOMEONE's room :)))

CiCi said...

I guess I can learn some good things from the kindergarten crowd.

Mike said...

That first picture is one of the best group child photos that I have ever seen! That is adorable!

Everyday Goddess said...

It's working! My rear end is now glorious!!

Anonymous said...

Fab pictures ... Oh and to have a glorious butt *sigh*

The Bug said...

Love that first picture - they look like a mess! Wouldn't want to be in charge of keeping them safe...

Miss America looks just like you! She is really cute in her little skirt...

That Janie Girl said...

She's over the wall smart! What do you think?

lovelyprism said...

I don't know, but tell her to send some of "IT" my way!

The Jules said...

Some excellent synchronised gurning going on in that photo!

Justine said...

She did NOT say that! Heeheeheeeeeeeeeee

Justine :o )

Anonymous said...

I think that I have one of every set of outfits/pajamas/underwear seen in that first picture in our house.

Jo ~ said...

haha, love the nicknames! Miss America's first day sweet, they grow up so fast...ohmygosh...I remember those days.

I'm sure everybody knows where she gets that great sense of humor! Ain't being a mee-maw just the best?! I love it.

Debbie said...

Great photo! I do love that attitude.

rxBambi said...

That was so funny! It's so nice to hear girls say nice things about themselves. Remind her of that when she's a beautiful teenager complaining of being too fat, too thin, too tall, too short...

Midlife Roadtripper said...

"My, my. Where does she get it?"

I can't imagine.

Michelle Wells Grant said...

Gosh, it's hard to know where she got that. But wow, is she precious!

anon said...

She looks like you in that photo!


And I'm guessing she also snagged that line out of your portfolio.

Hell, I'm gonna use that myself.

Great kid pic too, I have a weee bit of a soft spot for the little boys who make silly faces whenever a camera appears : )

Unknown said...

Miss America's not only gorgeous, but smart enough to know what tidbits she overhears should be retained for future use.

creative kerfuffle said...

can i just say that i love miss america? glorious butt---PRICELESS.

Anonymous said...

Oh so cute!!!!

I need to start thinking that I have a glorious butt!

foxy said...

SHUT UP! She is downright ADORABLE! It was so good to see you and catch up yesterday... miss you already!

Farmers Wifey said...

I'm gonna start saying that to my butt in the mirror in the mornings to see if I really believe it...

Candice said...

"I have a glorious butt"

Somebody is raising that girl right! The self-esteem she has is amazing.

By the way, that picture of all the kiddos making their silly faces is so cute!