March 28, 2009

Do a World of Good

I'm taking a short break from my usual smartassery to introduce my good friend Michelle, who owns Cardiology, a unique and eco-friendly line of handmade cards and stationery from the Hill Country. You can find Michelle's gorgeous designs on Etsy and at M.W.Grant Designs (click on the names to go there). Both sites have different offerings, so check them out and see if you don't find something awesome for Mother's Day, which ain't far off at all.

With all the high-tech stuff we're into now, how often do you get a handwritten note or letter in the mail? I almost NEVER do. That's why I love these cards. Not only are they one-of-a-kind labors of love for the artisan who made them, but they help us continue the tradition of sending handwritten notes and letters. I love that. I don't want to lose it to cheesy commercial email cards and big corporations like WalMart. People just throw those away. But Michelle's cards, they keep. Some even frame them. That's pretty cool.

Below are some of my favorites that Michelle has made for Easter. Are they cute or what?

(click on the pictures to go to the site):

Michelle is a one-woman crafting dynamo! She uses salvaged vintage wallpapers and linens, and even paper grocery bags, so all the materials are recycled and put to beautiful use. And so original!

Her motto is "Do a World of Good," and 10 percent of all sales go to a different charity every year, and that amount grows as her business grows.
Do me a favor and check out Michelle's stores. Tell her that crazy Fragrant Liar sent you! You will LOVE what you see there, your purchase will do a world of good, and you'll support a needy charity and a hardworking, awesome crafter.

Trust me, do not wait till the last minute to get yo' mama something you put little-to-no thought into. She will know it, I assure you. Instead, send that girlie to heaven with the gorgeous one-of-a-kind cards you bought her from Cardiology.
.
And now, back to my usual smartassery...

17 comments:

The Wife O Riley said...

I absolutely adore Etsy. I buy there anytime I can. The cards are adorable and I will definitely go check them out.

Debbie said...

Wow. These are art - not cards.

Mary@Holy Mackerel said...

Wow, those look great! I'm heading over there NOW!

Stepping said...

These are absolutely adorable! I am going over to their sites right now. I am always on the look out for something unique. Thanks!

Justine said...

Wow, she is a true artist. Those cards are AMAZING.

Justine :o )

Unknown said...

The cards are amazing! Thank you for introducing Michelle! It was my new year's resolution to mail cards this year, for all occassions! Thank you!
~AM

Michel said...

totally cool. I am going to send them to family adn then pretend I made them!!! That's BRILLIANT. It will appear as if I really care.....

Michelle Wells Grant said...

Aw gee, I'm blushing! I'm a little slow on the draw here but thank you, thank you for featuring my stationery and websites!! Awesome! I so appreciate it, Ms. Fragrant Liar! Your kind words could help people be green, write pretty, and do a world of good. Guess it's in the cards!

Midlife Roadtripper said...

And, Fragrant Liar forgot to mention that Ms. Grant is an accomplished writer as well. Talent abounds. I am so jealous!

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

WOW!!!! Went to that link and loved it!!
Thanks so much for the tip and my finger's are going back there to place an order n just a few minutes.
(and I kinda missed your smartassedness, lol)
Take good care and.......

Steady On
Reggie Girl

Vodka Mom said...

those are really incredible! My mother was very artistic. It reminds me of her.

Fragrant Liar said...

Aren't these cards fabulous? They are so unique and well made. Michelle really does an incredible job. I will have to get my mama some of these too. :)

Unknown said...

Really awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Beth said...

The cards are gorgeous! I love homemade things. I'm going to plan an order soon. Thanks for sharing!

Jan said...

Oh, those are LOVELY!

I do believe I'll go give her a visit.

Anonymous said...

They are lovely! She is quite a talent!

nikkicrumpet said...

Those are so darn cute! I've been buying handmade cards ever since I discovered blogging and the Etsy shops. I just think they mean so much more to the people that receive them. I'm going to have to check her shop out for sure!